Re: [exim] Strange failure mailing exim-dev list

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange failure mailing exim-dev list
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Marc Sherman wrote:
> > I just sent a message to the exim-dev mailing list, and it was immediately
> > bounced by my exim server with the message "retry time
> > not reached for any host after a long failure period". I've never
> > seen this before, and it seems quite strange to me. Does anyone have
> > any ideas?
> [snip]
>
> Just a ping to see if anyone has any ideas for what may have caused this
> problem, or debugging info I should collect to try to track it down further.

There has been at least one more recent posting to exim-dev, and I don't
think the server has been down. I haven't a clue why you should see
that; it sounds as if the hints data got corrupted in some way. If it
happens again, one thing to do would be to run exim_dumpdb on the retry
hints data to see what it has got in there.