Re: [exim] Spamtrap routers and stuff

Author: Kjetil Kjernsmo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spamtrap routers and stuff
On lørdag 11 juni 2005, 15:06, Marc Sherman wrote:
> > Ah, right! I can see that now. But it would be more complex than
> > just rejecting those that have both, wouldn't it...? Which I have
> > no idea how to do as it is, any pointers along that direction?
>
> Sure, it's perfectly reasonable to set site policy that mail sent to
> both legit and spamtrap addresses is rejected, if that's what you
> want to do.  The only implementation I can think of actually works
> out a bit _more_ complicated, though

OK.

> IMO, the right thing to do might be to deny (ie: 550, not 450) the
> legit addresses, and accept the spamtrap addresses

Yup, absolutely.

> It would be less complex if you could reject the entire message based
> only on a check in the DATA acl, but AFAIK, there's no way in exim
> config to test "if any address in list A matches any address in list
> B". I know how to do that in a system filter, but by then you've
> accepted the message and it's too late to deny.

Aha, right! I think I understand the principles, and so, I'm convinced
this is the way to do it. It is of course unacceptable to first accept
and then reject.

But my knowledge of Exim still feels insufficient to actually write it
in a way Exim understands...Any examples that do something similar?

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer/Astrophysicist/Skeptic/Ski-orienteer/Orienteer/Mountaineer