Re: [exim] Spamtrap routers and stuff

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: Kjetil Kjernsmo
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Spamtrap routers and stuff
Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

> Ah, right! I can see that now. But it would be more complex than just
> rejecting those that have both, wouldn't it...? Which I have no idea
> how to do as it is, any pointers along that direction?

Sure, it's perfectly reasonable to set site policy that mail sent to
both legit and spamtrap addresses is rejected, if that's what you want
to do. The only implementation I can think of actually works out a bit
_more_ complicated, though -- you need to set an ACL variable in the
RCPT acl, only now instead of a tri-state (nothing, legit, spamtrappy),
it's now quad-state: nothing, legit, spamtrappy, denies. If a new
address is received and the var is the opposite type (ie: a legit
address is received and the var contains spamtrappy), deny the rcpt and
set the var to denies. If the var is denied, deny all further addresses
in the rcpt acl, and then again in the data acl deny the entire message.

IMO, the right thing to do might be to deny (ie: 550, not 450) the legit
addresses, and accept the spamtrap addresses -- you need the complexity
anyway, might as well feed your spamfilter, under the assumption that
anyone who mails both simultaneously is sending spam.

It would be less complex if you could reject the entire message based
only on a check in the DATA acl, but AFAIK, there's no way in exim
config to test "if any address in list A matches any address in list B".
I know how to do that in a system filter, but by then you've accepted
the message and it's too late to deny.

> So, this rule could be something like
>
> discard    local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim4/spamtraps
>         sender = :

Yup.

- Marc