Re: [exim] Spamtrap routers and stuff

Author: Kjetil Kjernsmo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spamtrap routers and stuff
On fredag 10 juni 2005, 15:32, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> > 1) A message containing both a spamtrap address and a valid address
> > must be denied. AFAIK, one cannot accept a message for some
> > recipients only, and I get enough spam anyway. This should be done
> > in RCPT TO ACL.
>
> Actually, you can accept some addresses and not others, if you want
> to. What you want to do is use an acl_m# var to hold the "spamtrappy"
> state of the message. If the var is already set (by a previous
> RCPT), and the spamtrap state of the current RCPT doesn't match it,
> defer that RCPT.

Ah, right! I can see that now. But it would be more complex than just
rejecting those that have both, wouldn't it...? Which I have no idea
how to do as it is, any pointers along that direction?

If I say
deny        local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim4/spamtraps
        verify = recipient

where /etc/exim4/spamtraps would contain something like
trap:
trollbox:

etc

am I going in the right direction...?

> > 2) Any bounce messages should be deleted automatically. I'm not
> > sure how to detect them, or if it can be done reliably in RCPT TO
> > or DATA.
>
> senders = :

Ah, right, of course!

So, this rule could be something like

discard    local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim4/spamtraps
        sender = :

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer/Astrophysicist/Skeptic/Ski-orienteer/Orienteer/Mountaineer