Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes datab…

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes database
On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 17:12 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:42:52 +0100, Peter Bowyer <peeebeee@???>
> wrote:

> >IMHO the SQL back-end is more flexible than the filesystem because it
> >will handle arbitrary 'virtual' users, as long as you can send in a
> >'username' in the 'spam=' line.
>
> And there is no in-between like telling spamd where to put the
> database in the file system? So I have to choose between local unix
> accounts and having a fully-fledged database?

I guess you don't have to have fully-fledged unix users who login, just
entries in /etc/passwd or your local equivalent with home directories so
that ~/.spamassassin goes somewhere....

I don't see any way of substituting anything into the 'bayes_path'
configuration item in SA other than using the ~/ hack.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???