Re: [exim] What does $message_linecount include?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] What does $message_linecount include?
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Michael Haardt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> just having skimmed doc/NewStuff, what does $message_linecount
> include at transport time? My count is off by two, which may be due to
> delivery_date_add and return_path_add adding uncounted lines. Why is
> the newline between header and body not counted?

It will not include lines that are added, because they are not
added until the message is actually being written. The value is set up
when the message is received and not modified thereafter. Thus, it
remains the same for all recipients at all times during delivery.

I cannot remember the answer to your final question. Maybe it just
turned out that way.