Re: [exim] acl_not_smtp

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users, dot
Assumpte: Re: [exim] acl_not_smtp
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Frank Elsner wrote:

> > Because there may be more than one recipient and Exim can't accept some
> > and deny others.
>
> I don't want to deny/accept, I want to test for a certain recipient.
>
> BTW, the variable $recipients is available (I use it in an error message).

Then test that for your recipient.

> A bit confused, Frank Elsner

Let my try to unconfuse you. The "recipients" condition in an ACL
provides a list of recipients to match against *this* recipient. But the
only ACL for which "this recipient" makes sense is the RCPT ACL. Before
RCPT there aren't any recipients, and afterwards there may be many
recipients.

The naming of the condition is no doubt what is confusing, but it is
difficult to know what else to call it when we already have "domains",
"senders", etc. and in any case, the names were chosen to be the same as
the corresponding option names in routers (which of course existed
before ACLs were invented).