Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 04:28:09PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:31:38 +0100, Matthew Newton
> <mcn4@???> wrote:
> >Then on the in-bound smtp transport we do:
> >
> >smtp_inbound:
> >  driver = smtp
> >  headers_remove =  "Return-Receipt-To:Return-receipt-to:\
> >                    X-Confirm-Reading-To:X-confirm-reading-to:\
> >                    X-Pmrqc:X-pmrqc:X-blacklisted\
> >                    ${if !eq {$acl_VAR_SPAM_SCORE}{}{:X-Spam-Score}{}}\
> >                    ${if !eq {$acl_VAR_SPAM_REPORT}{}{:X-Spam-Report}{}}"
> >  headers_add =     ${if !eq {$acl_VAR_SPAM_SCORE}{}\

> "Inbound" SMTP is the transport which transports mails entering your
> site to the back-end server, right, so "Inbound" is not relative to
> your system, but to your site.

Yes, sorry, I didn't make that very clear. This is on our gateway mail
hubs, and they only pass mail through. There is the "smtp_inbound"
transport that sends mail to on-site servers and the "smtp_outbound"
transport that sends off-site.

> That headers_remove and headers_add clauses would need to be
> replicated on every transport, right?

Yes; I guess every transport that sends mail to "local" destinations
would need it (where "local" means "not remote").

> Can the system filter access ACL variables?

As Philip has answered in the affirmative, I guess therefore that this
could be moved there, which would be a bit tidier. These days I try and
avoid the system filter, though, as I tend to forget it, and stuff in
there gets out of date and then later on confuses me.

(Incidentally I was looking at our system filter a couple of days ago
and found that Debian exim4 does not come with a system filter at all,
which quite surprised me.)

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom