Re: [exim-dev] Talking point - websites, wikis and documenta…

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Talking point - websites, wikis and documentation
On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 10:01 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> How important are the mirrors?

Good question. I'm not quite sure how we find out. Maybe I could put a
large noticeable box on the front page asking folks to follow a link and
then analyse the numbers of visitors and the refering pages (which
should include the mirror URL).

> If they are worth keeping and if the wiki
> contents can be dumped to static HTML then the mirrors could copy the
> content in that form.

MoinMoin can dump content to static HTML, although I am not sure how
good that output is. I have also wondered about changing wikis to
(probably) mediawiki (ie wikipedia etc) as it appears to have better
functionality for a load of things. Translating the content might be
interesting.... The killer additional feature of mediawiki is the
"discuss this..." parallel pages which exist with each content page.

    Nigel.