Re: [exim] Using AUTH username in ACL

Góra strony
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Dla: Exim Users Mailing List
Temat: Re: [exim] Using AUTH username in ACL
On 08/06/05, torsten@??? <torsten@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is stupid question, but I could not really figure it
> out through the documentation.
>
> We run a mail server for a number of domains. We also require our users to
> use SMTP AUTH in order to send emails. We now would like to treat our
> users different (i.e. apply different ACLs) depending on what domain they
> do belong to.
>
> In other words: I need to use the username (which is in the form of
> localpart@???) to pick the ACL. I don't want the sender, as this
> can freely be set by the user. Which variable would I expand in the
> set_acl_rcpt for example?

"$authenticated_id: When a server successfully authenticates a client
it may be configured to preserve some of the authentication
information in the variable $authenticated_id (see chapter 33). For
example, a user/password authenticator configuration might preserve
the user name for use in the routers. When a message is submitted
locally (that is, not over a TCP connection), the value of
$authenticated_id is the login name of the calling process."

This variable is set to whatever you specify with 'server_set_id' in
the authenticator.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer