Re: [exim] combining authentication methods

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Raphael Reich
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jakob Hirsch, exim-users
Υ/ο:
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] combining authentication methods
Jakob Hirsch schrieb:

>>Perform the sql-lookup.
>>If it succeeds, then give back "yes".
>>If it fails, then the lookup is replaced by an empty string.
>

> No, that would be {} after the first {yes}.
> If the lookup fails, the second statement ("${if crypteq...") is used. I
> think that's what you want.

Yes, that's exactly what I want

>>Then go on to the next condition.
>

> it's not a condition, it's another expansion which is only used if the
> sql-lookup failed. consider it as the "else" part of an if-then-else
> construct.

Ok. Got it.

>>Perform the file-lookup.
>>If it succeeds, then give back "yes".
>>If it fails, give back "no".
>

> yes. but as said, the file-lookup is (and should be) only done if the
> sql-lookup failed.

That would be nice

>>All right. I added the missing brackets (again: as good as I could):
>

> I think there are no missing brackets (though I checked not really hard),
> why don't you first just try what I wrote?

Of course that's what I did first.
exim said:
435 Unable to authenticate at present (set_id=*********): {1

> And what use is the "{*:*}"? I'd rather use "fail" (without brackets!) or
> somebody could use "*:*" as a password for unknown users...

thanks for this advice. It was - and still is - the Debian defaut. I did
not change it, because I thought they know it better than me. I will
change it immediately.