RE: [exim] Reducing load vs seeing all the spam

Autor: Exim User's Mailing List
A: Chris Edwards
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Reducing load vs seeing all the spam
[ On Sunday, June 5, 2005 at 00:27:10 (+0100), Chris Edwards wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [exim] Reducing load vs seeing all the spam
>
> OK - so only block the *spam* addressed to postmaster - avoid blocking the
> other messages ;-)

Exactly.

Everything originating from known spam sources must be assumed to be
spam. (until maybe someone can prove otherwise out-of-band)

> These days, our postmaster mailbox is deluged with spam.

Exactly -- the worst kinds of spammers make their money on the number of
addresses they can deliver spam to and most don't really care if the
messages get read.

So, padding a spammer's address list with every possible postmaster
address creates a lot more income for the spammer.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@???>