[exim] Stopping DNSBL lookups, exim4.5, debian sarge

Autor: Rich Stanton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Stopping DNSBL lookups, exim4.5, debian sarge
I have a debian sarge system running exim4.5. The system is causing me
some problems sending to one mailhost, telling me the host is
blacklisted. However for the RBL it's using (

rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net) I can't get an ip address or anything, so I suspect the problem relates to exims mis-use of the RBL server rather than a genuine blacklisting. So I either want to stop exim doing the lookups, or stop it using this problematic RBL. However I can't work out how to do this - I've commented out the following lines from exim4.conf.template:

 # Check against classic DNS "black" lists (DNSBLs) which list
  # sender IP addresses
#  .ifdef CHECK_RCPT_IP_DNSBLS
#  warn
#    message = X-Warning: $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
#    log_message = $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
#    dnslists = CHECK_RCPT_IP_DNSBLS
#  .endif
#

 # # Check against DNSBLs which list sender domains, with an option to locally
  # whitelist certain domains that might be blacklisted. If you want one
  # blacklist per domain, you need to replicate the stanza for each DNSBL.
#  .ifdef CHECK_RCPT_DOMAIN_DNSBLS
#  warn
#    message = X-Warning: $sender_address_domain is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
#    log_message = $sender_address_domain is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
#    !senders = ${if exists{CONFDIR/local_domain_dnsbl_whitelist}\
#                    {CONFDIR/local_domain_dnsbl_whitelist}\
#    dnslists = CHECK_RCPT_DOMAIN_DNSBLS/$sender_address_domain
#  .endif

but it's still doing the lookups. I've searched the entire exim4.conf.template file for any refernce to dnslist, and there is none. So why is it still doing the lookups?

Thanks!