Re: [exim] Client Authentication

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Client Authentication
On 6/2/05 9:35 PM, "Fred Viles" <fv+exim@???> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by that. By definition (RFC-2554), SMTP
> AUTH is a "profile" of SASL (RFC-2222), meaning it is a
> syntax for transporting SASL authentication mechanisms in an SMTP
> session. PLAIN and CRAM-MD5 are SASL mechanisms (but not LOGIN).

Possibly I gave up too soon (only spent a couple of hours, then told the
mail clients to connect directly to our servers), but I couldn't get Postfix
to authenticate against our servers (which offer PLAIN, LOGIN, and
CRAM-MD5--and SPA, which I wouldn't expect sane software to use).

If someone knows otherwise, I'd be happy to recant.

--John