RE: [exim] Mail Frontier

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Mail Frontier
Craig Jackson wrote:
> That's absurd. Try a homemade box with Exim-Clamav-Spamassassin and
> greylisting. You'll get the same results. Craig

Agreed. In addition, you may not have your SA install tweaked very
well. Out of the box, SA is just average IMO. Ensure that you're using
network tests, URIBL, and some add-in rule sets. In addition, a well
trained Bayes database will go a long way in improving your catch rates.
Finally, if you want to implement greylisting, I'd look at SA-Exim. It
uses a form of condition greylisting, so that you can greylist emails
that MIGHT be spam, but scores to low for rejection.

Our users begin to complain about being bombarded with spam when they
get 2 or 3 emails a week in their inbox. They're so used to our system
protecting them from the other 300 or so that don't get through each day
(yes, we're a low volume shop).

- S