Re: Steven Wayne's obnoxious auto-responder (was Re: [exim] …

Autor: Steven Wayne
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: Steven Wayne's obnoxious auto-responder (was Re: [exim] UNSEEN option)
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:05:04AM -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Sorry for posting this to the list, but I have no other way of
> contacting Steven without buying him something.

Well, you could just have put "payme paid" in the subject line.
You don't have to buy me something, just dinner and a movie will
do.

> Steven, please disable your obnoxious auto-responder. If you wish to
> avoid being CC'd on messages to the exim list, the correct way to do so
> was pointed out quite clearly by Tony last week[0].

Ok.

<snip>

> The obnoxious auto-response in question follows below:

Obnoxious? It's going to have to be a large dinner and a really
good movie now.

> Steven Wayne wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >This the auto-reply system at rebma.dyndns.org
> >
> >The system does not accept direct emails, if you are replying to
> >something I posted on a mailing list then please reply to that
> >list.
> >
> >If you really need to contact me directly then please visit the
> >site http://swayne.freeshell.org/payme.php and buy me something.
> >
> >In your next email include the words "payme paid" in the subject
> >line and try again.
> >
> >Regards,
> >auto-reply

The reason is that the domain rebma.dyndns.org is only temporary
and I don't want it to be in peoples address books when I drop it.

It's only used for mailing lists and I can change my subscribed
address quite easily.

Sorry if this is causing anyone any grief or boring them too much,
but the auto-response is off now and if you want to have another go
at me then please mail me directly.

Regards,
Steven.
--