Re: [exim] manualroute and queueing

Autor: Mark Edwards
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] manualroute and queueing
On Jun 2, 2005, at 3:26 PM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>> I think I solved the root of the problem, which was that I had simply
>> added
>> the smarthost router to the head of the configure file, and left the
>> default
>> dnslookup router. I removed the dnslookup router and things are nice
>> and
>> speedy now, with no need for odd queueing. Now my router is:
>>
>> smart_route:
>> driver = manualroute
>> domains = !+local_domains
>> transport = remote_smtp
>> route_list = * smtp.sbcglobal.net
>>
>> ... followed by my local delivery routers.
>>
>> So, I guess the delivery was being tried twice, or some such
>> nonsense, which
>> is now fixed. Does that make sense?
>
> Not really, but if you are a happy bunny, that's the main thing!

I think probably the main source of the slowness was the excessive spam
scanning, actually. But in any case, it does make sense to replace the
dnslookup router with the smart_route router, rather than adding the
smart_router before the dnslookup router, right?

And, if I read the documentation correctly, there is no point in adding
no_more to the above smart router, right?

--
Mark Edwards
mark@???