[exim] Exim4.x and SuSE(Novell) SLES9 :: Support?

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim4.x and SuSE(Novell) SLES9 :: Support?
Hello *,

sorry for having no technical but more 'relgios'
question/problem/challenge ;-) ...

While using Exim (I came from smail) for a quite long time now it seems
I'm forced to install/setup some other SMTP server: Postfix.

But I don't like it, for several reasons.

The customers system is a SLES9 (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9), per
default using Postfix. They wouldn't mind to get Exim installed, BUT
is has to be officially supported by SuSE/Novell.

My questions:
    . Is there some up-to-date repository with current Exim RPM-packaged
      for SLES9.  (That doesn't mean, that I'm not able to compile it
      by myself, but question is about future updates, because the local
      admins have to do it...)

    . Is anybody out there having similar experiences?
    . Is there some (semi) official support from SuSE/Novell?
    . Are there scenarios where Exim runs in such environment w/o
      official support from SuSE/Novell?

Any hint/help is appreciated.
Thank you.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Gruesse aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -