Re: [exim] Redirect/Rewrite Problem

Author: System User
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Redirect/Rewrite Problem
On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 04:49:07PM -0700, Fred Viles wrote:

> Does the forwarding MX preserve the original envelope recipients in
> some header? Envelope-To: maybe?

Yes, it does. It also preserves To and Cc, which would be enough
information.

> That's not a "just". The envelope is the only place the actual
> recipient addresses appear. You can't count on message headers like
> To: having any meaningfull content.

That's my problem. Right now I pass all mails to a perl script which
resends the message to all local users that can be found in To and Cc.
But that's not very reliable.

> In exim, a redirect router can extract addresses from a header like
> Envelope-To:. But maybe a tool like fetchmail would make more sense?

I receive these emails by smtp, how could fetchmail help? There is no
pop3/imap-account involved.

How do I configure a redirect router that extracts the recipients from
Envelope-To?

Thanks for your help!

Martin.