[exim] which addresses take so long?

Author: Wolfgang Kohnen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] which addresses take so long?
Hello there,

I have some difficulties to interprete some exim statistics. Eximstats
gives me the following (or similar) for one arbitrary 24h mainlog:

Time spent on the queue: all messages
-------------------------------------

Under   1m      538  15.0%   15.0%
        5m       15   0.4%   15.5%
       15m        4   0.1%   15.6%
       30m        4   0.1%   15.7%
        1h        3   0.1%   15.8%
        3h     2933  82.0%   97.8%
        6h        8   0.2%   98.0%
       12h        8   0.2%   98.2%
        1d        7   0.2%   98.4%
Over    1d       57   1.6%  100.0%

Time spent on the queue: messages with at least one remote delivery

Under   1m      195  24.9%   24.9%
        5m        4   0.5%   25.4%
       30m        2   0.3%   25.7%
        1h        1   0.1%   25.8%
        3h      517  66.0%   91.8%
        6h        5   0.6%   92.5%
       12h        1   0.1%   92.6%
        1d        1   0.1%   92.7%
Over    1d       57   7.3%  100.0%

The row "3h" arises my attention. My naive attempt to interprete this: I
receive about 517 mails a day which I forward to where ever and it takes
me 3h hours to do so. There are other 2416 (2933 - 517) mails which I
don't forward, but it takes me 3h anyway. So my local delivery is
broken somehow and defer some mails for 3 hours!? (I know, it doesn't --
but that's what I read in this stat.) How can I figure out, which
addresses cause these messages to stay that long in my queue?

Confused,
Wollie