[exim] tls-on-connect with cyrus_sasl

Author: Mark Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] tls-on-connect with cyrus_sasl
I just switched from using authenticators with driver = plaintext and
driver = login to authenticators performing the same functions using
driver = cyrus_sasl. I also have exim listening via inetd on port 465
for tls-on-connect. Before the change, when an old tls-on-connect
client (Outlook Express Mac) tried to authenticate on port 25, exim
appeared to redirect the client to use the server on port 465 and the
authentication would go through there. Now, using the cyrus_sasl
authentication, an attempt to connect on port 25 just fails, and I have
to manually configure the client to use port 465 to make things work.

Is there a way to have the old functionality using cyrus_sasl
authentication, or is this just a non-feature of cyrus-sasl?

Thanks!

--
Mark Edwards
mark@???