Re: [exim] I'm flummoxed - why would mail get stuck in /var/…

Author: Cliff Pratt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] I'm flummoxed - why would mail get stuck in /var/lib/mail?
On 5/30/05, Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2005, Cliff Pratt wrote:
> >
> > I'm unclear about the flow of information here, and how the mail
> > *used* to happily get from /var/lib/mail/<user> into ~<user>/Maildir.
> > Any hints, references, etc would be good.
>
> Which program is responsible for /var/lib/mail?
>
> Tony.

Thanks Tony. That's got me thinking. I think it is fetchmail, but I'm
not sure. I'm off to look at the fetchmail web pages.

What I don't understand is - what changed? It used to work and now it
doesn't! I'd not swear that I didn't change something. It's my home
system, so I'm always tinkering! But I don't remember changing
anything in this area. I've looked in the usual areas for hints,
logfiles and so on and I'm currently mystified!

Cheers,

Cliff