Re: [exim] $interface_address

Author: Michael F. Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] $interface_address
Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005, Michael F. Sprague wrote:
> >
> > I have v4.50 running on a Debian system. This evening I noticed that the
> > $interface_address variable didn't seem to be set in my acl_helo. I confirmed
> > this with a few logwrite statements.
>
> How are you invoking Exim? This might be an artefact of running it from
> inetd.

Figured it out (operator error). I was running exim -bhc IP to test some ACLs
out and that's when I noticed $interface_address was not set. But if I
connected to the running daemon over port 25, it is set just fine.

I could have sworn I saw $interface_address being set with exim -bhc in the past
but I guess I was mistaken. Sorry for the false alarm.

Michael Sprague | mfs@???
System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc
use STD::disclaimer;