Re: [exim] Bogus HELOs

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bogus HELOs
Fred Viles wrote:

> On 25 May 2005 at 1:22, Edgar Lovecraft wrote about
>     "Re: [exim] Bogus HELOs":

> | I did not make any comments on the HELO/EHLO hostname thing this time,
> | a rarity for me I know, so send that post to those who did.
>
> ISTM the point, which is not aimed at you in particular, is: Please
> don't feed the troll. No matter what bait he's using.

I know exactly what the point was, and I had no argument over that,
I did have a problem that the particular message he used, and
quoted from** had nothing to do with the current feeding of the trolls.

As for feeding th trolls, as long as the debate continues on a path
that does not include name calling, but stays civil and rational,
what is the problem with the current discussion??

I suppose that we could just start tossing all the message threads that
have come about over the years on this topic into a web page so that
people can see a complete history =)

**absolutely nothing in the message quoted had anything to do with
the HELO debate what so ever, and as John has noted to me personally,
he should have choosen a more relevant message to respond to ;)

--

--EAL--