Re: [exim] headers_add headers_remove

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] headers_add headers_remove
On 25 May, 2005, at 4:40:05. 0 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 24 May 2005, Michael Johnson wrote:
>> I recently updated to 4.51 and think something may have happened
>> to the
>> headers_add and headers_remove features I was relying on.
>> Currently, I have:
> There's nothing in the ChangeLog that I can see.
>> headers_add        = ${if mathch{$header_list-post:} {\<mailto:(.*)
>> \>} \
>>                     {${if def:header_reply-to: \
>>                     {} }

>> headers_remove      = ${if and { \
>>                     {def:header_reply-to:} {def:header_list-post:}\
>>                     } {reply-to} fail }

>> Failing some possible mistakes in my transcription, is there any
>> reason this
>> wouldn't work in 4.51? It appears it isn't currently working and
>> it did in
>> 4.43 (or whatever the previous release to 4.50 was).
> Have you got those statements on routers, or on transports? What
> exactly
> happens? Have you tried running a delivery with debugging turned on to
> see what is happening?

They are in the routers section. I haven't tried debugging yet. I
wanted to first see if there was anything different in 4.51 which
might cause them to fail as they worked fine in earlier versions
(I've been using them since some time in the 4.30 realm IIRC).

In re debugging, what's the switch to turn that on? Is it -D (just a
wild guess)?

-Michael

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
                 --Albert Einstein