Re: [exim] "mail to" for rewriting a body ?

Author: TN
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "mail to" for rewriting a body ?

Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Wed, 25 May 2005, TN wrote:
>

>Change the "mail" line to
>
> seen mail to $header_to from $header_from subject $header_subject
>

>>My problem is that this delivers both the original email plus my "mail
>>to" email, whereas I only want my rewritten email to be sent. I have
>>tried preceding 'mail' with 'seen', but this kills both the original
>>email and my reply, since the reply is going to the intended recipient
>>and exim is discarding this because of the 'seen' command.
>>

>Ah yes, it would, wouldn't it, because it matches the conditions! Why
>don't you try
>
>  if $header_from: contains "someone@???" and
>    $message_body is not "This email was intercepted"

>so that you don't pick up the new message.

thanks for the pointers Philp.

Yes - I can't believe I didn't try that (I can't believe it's not butter...)

Alas I'm still getting both emails discarded with this filter :
# Exim filter

if $header_from: contains "someone@???" and
$message_body is not "This email was intercepted"
then
seen mail to $header_to from $header_from subject $header_subject
text "This email was intercepted"
endif

BUT - if I change the condition to be more general with 'and
$message_body does not contain "This email was intercepted"....' then
the filter works as I intended. So the $message_body must not be
matching exactly somehow ?