Re: [exim] Bogus HELOs

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
Subject: Re: [exim] Bogus HELOs
John W. Baxter wrote:

> On 5/24/05 5:19 PM, "Edgar Lovecraft" <exim-list@???> wrote:
> > Gary Allen Vollink wrote:
> >>
> > ..[snip]...
> >>
> >> Valid excuse, as in - "I plugged it in and the default settings
> already >> work?" (The mantra of the Windows admin).
> >
> > NOT the mantra of the Windows admin.
> > IS the mantra of the "I don't care" or the "underqualified"
> > or the "uneducated" admin.
>
> Do we really have to repeat the whole HELO argument every time someone
> asks a simple question that happens to mention HELO or EHLO (OK, this
> one wasn't so simple...it was more a should I than a how can I so the
> repetition is less unjustified)?

I did not make any comments on the HELO/EHLO hostname thing this time,
a rarity for me I know, so send that post to those who did.

I made a comment on the Windows admin bashing that is way too
pervasive on most lists that deal with *nix based software, this one
in particular.

Windows admins are just like any other admin for any other system,
some are good and some are bad, and don't even start thinking that
just because a person is the admin of a *nix based system that they
are automatically better than a Windows admin, we can see that on
this list too. Besides, how many of those that do bash Windows
admins can even administer a Windows network properly and securely,
let alone, admin one better than a good Windows admin; but then agian,
that is going to start a whole new round of arguments :P

--

--EAL--