[exim-dev] Exim 4 postmaster verification (fwd)

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: [exim-dev] Exim 4 postmaster verification (fwd)
A question about postmaster callout verification has been sent to me
(see the message below). I am not at all sure whether these days people
want to check for <postmaster> or not. I replied to the message as
follows:

That is an interesting point. It is true that the RFC does specify that
<postmaster> without a domain should always be accepted. I wonder,
however, if all the people who want the callout "postmaster" check also
want to do that check, or not? Times do change, and I'm not sure that
too many people know about <postmaster> these days.

What do people on this list think?

Regards,
Philip