Re: [exim] Exim Start problems

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Start problems
On 23 May, 2005, at 1:01:48. 0 PM, Christian Schmidt wrote:

>> When starting exim it hangs and when I press Ctrl C i get this
>> message:
>> "exim: SIGINT Received - message abandoned"
>>
>> I try to start it by /usr/exim/bin/exim start
>>

> Try "-bd" instead of "start".

I'm going to venture a guess here. Is this machine running OS X? If
so, did you try:

/Library/StartupItems/Exim/Exim start

to get it running?

Seeing the "start" part made me think you might be trying to do this.

> Aus Murphy's Gesetze:
> Alles was gut beginnt, endet schlecht. Alles was schlecht beginnt,
> endet furchtbar.

I hadn't heard this version of it yet, but given my current DNS
problems, I completely concur.

-Michael

Q: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation
A: Why is top posting frowned upon?