Re: [exim] Using the SRS support in Exim 4.50+

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Chris Webb
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using the SRS support in Exim 4.50+
On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 12:58 +0100, Chris Webb wrote:
> Sadly, it looks like large parts of the world are set on breaking SMTP email
> with SPF, which will cause problems for messages that we forward elsewhere.
> (We're already starting to see some problems along these lines.) It looks
> like the only option available is mangling the envelope sender for mail that
> gets redirected to an external address.

You don't have to do it unconditionally. You could do it only for mail
which originates from SPF-afflicted domains, and which is also destined
to servers which you know are rejecting mail for an SPF failure.

The former is easy to test. The latter isn't, but you may want to mail
the postmaster responsible for the offending server and request that
they turn off the broken SPF checking before you add their host to your
list anyway.

--
dwmw2