[exim] ACL order - mime before data?

Author: John Horne
To: Exim users
Subject: [exim] ACL order - mime before data?
Hello,

I'm just wondering in what order the acl_smtp_data and acl_smtp_mime
ACL's occur. If a MIME message is received does the 'mime' ACL occur
before the 'data' one or vice-versa?

I'm re-configuring our mailhubs and have some standard Microsoft file
extensions 'denied' in the acl_smtp_mime. I'm wanting to include a 'spam
= nobody' statement somewhere but would rather do it after any denied
filename extensions - no point running spamassasin on a message which is
then going to be denied because of its extension.

The problem is if I put the 'spam=' statement in the mime ACL then a
non-MIME message wouldn't get spam scanned. If I put the statement in
the data ACL, then as mentioned above we could be scanning messages
which we will deny.

If I'm lucky the the mime ACL will occur before the data one, so any
denied file extensions will occur before any spam scanning :-)

Thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839