RE: [exim] Redirecting incoming mail

Author: Andrew Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Redirecting incoming mail

My system uses MySQL for a backend for everything, and I set up a table of
redirect users (Though an lsearch lookup on a flat file would also do the
same) such that if the user exists in the database/file the envelope
recipient gets re-written as the new user.

Then I setup a redirect router.

redir_redir:
  verify = false
  driver = redirect
  condition = ${if eq {$sender_address}\
                      {${lookup mysql {SELECT redir_from_email FROM redir
WHERE redir_from_email = '$sender_address' \
                        and domain_name = '$domain'}}}\
               {yes}{no}}
  data = ${lookup mysql {SELECT user_forward_to FROM redir WHERE
redir_from_email = '$sender_address' \
           and domain_name = '$domain'}}
  allow_fail

-Andy-