Re: [exim] exiscan questions

Author: Juha Saarinen
To: Craig Jackson
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] exiscan questions
On 5/22/05, Craig Jackson <cjackson@???> wrote:
> My experience with spamassassin is that it's too much work. None of my
> users are smart enough or care enough to forward mail for learning.
> Greylisting is much more accurate. There are false positives, but I keep
> an eye on the greylist and put out the few fires as necessary. The regex
> is to take care of things like newsletters and legitimate but unwanted
> commercial email and 25MB family photo emails.

I think that may hold true of older versions of SA, but I have to say
that with the sa-exim local_scan() patch and SA 3.x, things are nice
and copacetic. Minimal admin and user intervention required, which is
how it should be.

Going back to your question, you may find something useful in the man
pages for pcre and pcrepattern.

--

Juha