RE: [exim] Help required!

Author: James Collins
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Help required!

> thanx for the reply i got the directory that is /usr/exim/bin
> in this directory there are different files like
> exim,exigrep,exinext,exiwhat etc but still when i type exim
> -bV the command not found is stil there

    Well try /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV and you should find it will work. If
it does, you've got two choices, either a) rebuild it so that it is on your
PATH or b) alter your system PATH so that it includes /usr/exim/bin. If it
doesn't work, then you'll have to look for where your build went wrong...

    Personally, on a Redhat 9 box, I'd go for changing your initial
"./configure' to include altered paths to suit your Redhat 9 box. Search the
INSTALL documentation for how to do this, and/or do a web search for
configuring "Redhat 9" and exim. There's some good support sites out there
if you look for them.

James :) Collins