Re: [exim] Header error message

Author: Steven Wayne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Header error message
On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:17:38AM -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Steven Wayne wrote:
> >
> >Yes, I'm setting "Mail-Followup-To" to subscribed mailing lists in
> >Mutt. I don't think that's Debian specific. I also don't expect a
> >mailing list to follow anyone's list policies other than their
> >own.
>
> MFT isn't Debian-specific, per se, but "obey MFT or we'll say 'Please
> don't mail me, I'm on the list' in every message we send you and Branden
> will write nasty stuff about you on his website" is. :)

That might be interesting, and it wasn't every message just the
two that emailed me directly.

> Debian can do that, because Mutt is the default MUA, and it is also one
> of the few MUAs that support MFT.

I didn't know Mutt was the default Debian MUA. Another thing I've
learnt today.

I got the idea from http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

> This mailing list, on the other hand, has a strict policy of saying
> "Please don't top post" in every reply, as required.

Good, top-posting is anoying.

> >I wasn't aware that Mail-Followup-To was non-standard, I'll
> >reconfigure mutt to use Reply-to.

Haven't figured that one out yet.

> For this list's policy, see:
>
> and in particular:

I'll read them later tonight, thanks for the pointers.

> >I only asked that replies go to the list and not me personally
> >because I have procmail receipes that filter out things but I
> >save mailing list emails first based on the X-BeenThere header.
>
> Once you set reply-to, your request will be respected automatically by
> (most of) the MUAs of the readers of this list.

I wonder what the most popular MUA is for people on this list?

> >I seem to have got off on the wrong foot here, sorry.
>
> No worries, welcome aboard.

Ta.

Steven.
--