[exim] Setting a custom string for substituition in a standa…

Author: Jason Meers
To: Exim-Users
Subject: [exim] Setting a custom string for substituition in a standard config
I currently use the same set of config files for every exim box we have,
and just modify one sever specific file on each installation using

.include /etc/exim/local-settings.txt

at the top of exim.conf

I would like to be able to set a string in /etc/exim/local-settings.txt,
and use it in the master config to customize error messages, banners
etc..

e.g

deny    message = $custom_nodename does not allow relay

cannot_route_message = Unknown user, contact $custom_contact for
assistance

smtp_banner = $custom_organization - secure smtp server

Is this possible or can I only set numeric variables?

Thanks

Jason Meers

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs (outbound).