Re: [exim] Exim + SA on a large scale

Author: Ian FREISLICH
To: Nick Miller
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim + SA on a large scale
Nick Miller wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering if any of you are running SpamAssassin in conjunction
> with Exim for a large number of mailboxes? If so, have you experienced
> any problems with the combo or has it been quite smooth? Just want to
> hear some real-world experiences.

I have about 100 mail servers and 5 spamd servers that service those
mail servers. We have email addresses in the low millions. The
spamd servers have a load average (I know it's a bad measurement
of load) between .6 and 4. We average about 380 mails through SA
per minute, but we only scan messages smaller than 80k and we do a
lot of pre-SA acl checks so our actual mail rate is a lot higher.
We SA and AV scan all in and out bound mail. We use exim 4.50 and
use exiscan for SA and AV. The system ticks over nicely.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich