Re: [exim] Maildir problem while migrating from 3.35 to 4.50

Author: Ilya Palagin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir problem while migrating from 3.35 to 4.50
Quoting Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???>:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005 14:24:52 -0400, Ilya Palagin <tux@???>
> wrote:
>> Thank you, but it still doesn't work with "Permission denied: failed
>> to chdir"
>> error. Are there any more maildir-specific settings in the config file?
>> Compiling exim, I've enabled SUPPORT_MAILDIR=yes setting. SUID flag is set.
>
> May I ask why you are not using the exim4 Packages from Debian?
>
> See http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/

Thank you for the link.
The reasons are: disabled parameters I need, dependancy problems, inability to
run a production version while a new one is being implemented on the same
machine. Package-based core system with manually built main applications like
exim seems to be the best option for our old good Woody :-)

Regards,
Ilya.