[exim] Maildir problem while migrating from 3.35 to 4.50

Author: Ilya Palagin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Maildir problem while migrating from 3.35 to 4.50
Hi,

I'm trying to migrate from 3.35 to 4.50. The error I'm getting is:

2005-05-17 12:49:01 1DXmvd-0001HL-Oc == userone@??? R=procmail
T=procmail_pipe defer (13): Permission denied: failed to chdir to /home/userone

Maildir works just perfectly in 3.35. In accordance with the manual, I've
changed some config parameters for conform the new version, like this:

local_delivery:
        driver = appendfile
        user = mail
        group = mail
        mode = 0660
        mode_fail_narrower = false
        delivery_date_add
        envelope_to_add
        return_path_add
        directory = ${home}/Maildir
        maildir_format = true

I understand that "mail" account doesn't have access to /home directories,
probably by that reason my current 3.35 has SUID enabled (I'm running Debian
Woody). I did the same for 4.50 and it didn't help. Are there any working
examples of 4.* and Maildir? I couldn't find any, just for 3.* (which, again,
works fine).

Thanks a lot,
Ilya.