Re: [exim] authenticate * not work

Author: G W
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] authenticate * not work
> exim -bh i.p.add.ress

Thx for your help.
i do the testing by myself.

> exim -d -bh ip.p.add.ress

### excerpt from the test
check hosts = +relay_from_hosts
host in "+relay_from_hosts"? no (end of list)
accept: condition test failed
processing "accept"
check authenticated = *
accept: condition test failed
processing "deny"
deny: condition test succeeded
550 relay not permitted

i have no way to type in my username/password
do i misunderstand the process of smtp auth?

> So your authenticators are fine. Now you need to find out why your
> acls seem to fail. How much did you change from the default Debian
> setup?

i managed to make both CRAM-MD5 & PLAIN work.
But from what i see is that exim can make use of "server_set_id" in
both the authenticators (i tried comment out each 1).

am i correct that "authenticated = *" will make use of "server_set_id"
/ "$authenticated_user"?

my intention is to let my M$ OE clients to use the exim wherever they
are after authenticating themselves.

Thanks to both of you :- )