Re: [exim] How do keep exim from sending out any bounces?

Góra strony
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
Dla: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] How do keep exim from sending out any bounces?
On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 11:28 -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Marc Haber wrote:
> >
> > for some tests, I intend to have my main mail swerver forward all mail
> > to a test machine _additional_ to local delivery. Hence, I am
> > duplicating all mail. Can I easily keep the test box from sending out
> > any bounces at all?
>
> Have you considered a router to blackhole the bounces?
>
> dontbounce:
>    driver = redirect
>    condition = ${if def:sender_host_address{false}{true}}
>    senders = :
>    data = :blackhole:

if the test server is down, your main server will send warning messages.
add "errors_to =" to the router redirecting an extra copy to your test
server.
if you want to preserve the envelope header in the extra copy, you need
to keep it around for use in the transport. excerpt from our
configuration:

imap_shadow:
driver = manualroute
verify = false
transport = shadow_smtp
# avoid bounces, but preserve sender information
address_data = $address_data return_path=$sender_address
errors_to =
route_data = archive.example.org
unseen = true
[...]

shadow_smtp:
driver = smtp
return_path = ${extract {return_path}{$address_data}}

--
Kjetil T.