Re: [exim-dev] Support for SSL compression

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Georg v. Zezschwitz
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Support for SSL compression
On Wed, 11 May 2005, Georg v. Zezschwitz wrote:

> So, with rather minor changes, we could make both API versions "compression
> aware".
>
> What I wonder is if anybody has thought about that / discussed it.

Not to my knowledge. I personally was not even aware of the feature (I
am not a TLS expert).

> In tls-gnu.c, deflate-compression is more or less actively excluded (by
> only specifying the "NUL" compression). Is there a reason for this?

The code was original supplied by Nikos Mavroyanopoulos for an early
version of GnuTLS. He may have had a reson. Also, I expect GnuTLS has
changed.

> If nobody has concerns, I'd like to write an Exim path to enable
> compression. It would be a nice "marketing" feature for an upcoming
> release.

Sure. I will certainly consider any patches you may contribute.