Re: [exim] Re: sensitive data appearing in delay warning mes…

Autor: Florian Weimer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: sensitive data appearing in delay warning messages
* Philip Hazel:

>> Ah, you're talking about pre-data rejections. Perhaps the message-ID
>> should be created at MAIL FROM time, so that it can be included in error
>> messages.
>>
> I got the impression that what is being requested is an identifying
> error number for each error message that Exim generates.

No, the reason for my request was the scenario where no one is allowed
to read the mail logs for privacy reasons, and customer support can
access specific log items using a unique identifier.

Upon second thought, a per-message identifier is good enough for this
purpose, though.