[exim] authenticate * not work

Author: Raphael Reich
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] authenticate * not work
> 1. check your config in
> /etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples
>
> you should enable a authentication type there like:
> plain_server:
> driver = plaintext
> public_name = PLAIN
> server_condition = "${if
> crypteq{$3}{${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$2}lsearch{CONFDIR/passwd}{$value
> }{*:*}
> }}}}{1}{0}}"
> server_set_id = $2
> server_prompts = :
>yes, i have all the required options

> 2. check your update-exim4.conf.conf:
>
> you have to add your domain to
> dc_other_hostnames='mydomain.tld'

>mime is dc_other_hostnames='mydomain.tld:'
>dunno why there's a ":" at the end

with ":" you seperate the domains, if you have more than one. It can be
omitted if you have only one domain.

check if you have "dc_eximconfig_configtype='internet'" in your
"/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf", too.

>> 3. check if you have added your users to debian
>>
>> you must add the users to "/etc/exim4/passwd" (see 1.) to do this you
>> can use the debian script:
>> "/usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/exim-adduser"
>> that comes with the exim package
>
>yep, i added all user thru a script and i can use M$ OE to authenticate and

pop the mails

the pop authentication has nothing to do with exim!
exim is just a pure MTA.
I still think you have ha problem with the authentication.
what does the rejectlog tell you?

>> 4. update your config:
>> run "update-exim4.conf" as root
>>
>> 5. reload the configutation
>> run /etc/init.d/exim4 reload"
>>

>still not work :-(
>
>i can only authenticate myself if i MANUALLY add my ip to

"relay_from_hosts"