Re: [exim] setting exim with custom auth

Autor: n-other@artel.kz
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] setting exim with custom auth
On Mon, 09 May 2005 08:47:16 -0700, Fred Viles wrote
> On 9 May 2005 at 20:09, n-other@??? wrote about
>     "[exim] setting exim with custom aut":

> | Hello all,
> |
> | I'm trying to setup exim, which will accept relaying only if
> |
> | 1) sender is our local user and he has authorized himself
>
> Is the fact that he authorized himself sufficient, or do you also
> want to prevent authorized users from specifying non-local addresses
> in MAIL FROM: (which can have legitimate uses)?

I'm actually doing it in acl_smtp_mailauth with something like this:
${if eq {$authenticated_id}{$sender_address} {yes}{no}}
this prevents too smart users from thinking they are :)

> | 2) we have received mail from any source, which should be
> delivered locally | | second part can be done easily, but I can't
> figure out how to do the first one. | the main problem that
> acl_smtp_mail does not accept 'domains' condition, so I | can't
> really know which user from the message is coming.
>
> "domains" has to do with *recipient* addresses, not the sender
> address. You can test the *sender's* domain in acl_smtp_mail with
> the sender_domains condition. But the sender address is not
> reliable, it can be anything the sending client says it is.

thanks, this is what I was looking for. I just wondering how could I miss it..

---
With Best Regards,
Roman Hlynovskiy