Re: [exim] delivery to IMAP subfolder?

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: David Cannings
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] delivery to IMAP subfolder?
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 15:05 +0100, David Cannings wrote:
> You should note that different IMAP servers use different Maildir
> formats. For example, Cyrus and Courier IMAP implementations use a
> different structure for sub-folders and folder indexes.

That is unsurprising considering Cyrus does not store mails in Maildir
format at all.

Dovecot and Courier both use Maildir (although dovecot can also use mbox
- less reliably). The folder structure by both is the Maildir++ defined
format. The indexes don't matter since you should never ever be
touching those.

    Nigel.