Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Eli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'Kjetil Torgrim Homme'
Υ/ο: exim-users
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [exim] Can't get @mx_any to get MX lookup failures to be ignored
Αντικείμενο: RE: [exim] Can't get @mx_any to get MX lookup failures to beignored
Kjetil wrote:
> excuse me, but why do you want to accept e-mail from a broken system?
> you won't be able to send them e-mail anyway.

In this case, I still can as it is a backup MX that isn't resolving. I know
what accepting the email would do, and still debating whether I even want to
(I rather enjoy telling people to fix their stupid mistakes, but stupid
people usually don't know how to fix them, which is why their mistakes exist
:P). I was just slightly curious if there was any way to really just have
Exim stop from reporting an internal error and instead report something a
bit more meaningful so people understand what the problem is rather than
emailing me (in this case, about 10 times and they still can't figure it
out).

> are you using verify = sender?

Yes, with /no_details. It uses the dnslookup router I gave in my first
email, however it's not even that causing the problem - it's the @mx_any in
my +treat_as_local domainlist as it tries to figure out if cpp-db.com is in
the list or not (which it should not be).

Eli.