[exim] verify rcpt at smtp time via ldap (was: spam messages…

Author: Wolfgang Kohnen (FEYERABEND)
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] verify rcpt at smtp time via ldap (was: spam messages freeze)
Hi folks, hi Steffen!

Sorry, sometimes I have to move my lips while thinking. :-)

Myself wrote:

> That means, the address is verified from exim's point of view. Cyrus
>
>gives an 550 error back to exim at lmtp time. What to do now? How can I
>redirect cyrus' 550 to exim at smtp time?

Of course I can't do this, because:

1.) The lmtp connection starts after data time of exim, and there is of
course no way to redirect the 550 error back in past. Am I right?

2.) I am using MailScanner, therefore there are two exim daemons for
incoming and delivery and that makes the distance even longer. :-)

My idea now is to create a new verify router, which does nothing but
verifying recipients against my ldap database. But I am not experienced
at this point. I guess that the verification process starts after
routing? So that i can make a lookup ldap for the mailbox name in cyrus
(one has to match, not every one) instead of all accepted recipient
addresses? Hmm, (I am moving my lips again) or do I have to verify every
literal recipient addresses from rctp smtp commands?

TIA!
Wollie