Re: [exim] spam messages freeze

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Wolfgang Kohnen (FEYERABEND)
To: exim-users
Neue Treads: [exim] verify rcpt at smtp time via ldap (was: spam messages freeze)
Betreff: Re: [exim] spam messages freeze
Hi Steffen!

Steffen Heil schrieb:

>1. Never accept mail for non-existent mailboxes. Use verify = recipient in
>acl_rcpt_to.

I am using debian and it's acl config uses verify = recipients, but now
I've found out that this acl doesn't work because my cyrus imapd config
seems to be bogus:

local_user:
debug_print = "R: local_user for $local_part@$domain"
driver = accept
domains = +local_domains
local_parts = ! root
transport = cyrus_delivery

cyrus_delivery:
        driver = lmtp
        socket = /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
        batch_max = 20
        user = mail

An exim4 -bv -v gives me this:

wollie@feyerabend:~$ /usr/sbin/exim4 -bv -v doesnotexist@???
R: system_aliases for doesnotexist@???
R: gosa_mailaliases for doesnotexist@???
R: local_user for doesnotexist@???
doesnotexist@???
router = local_user, transport = cyrus_delivery

That means, the address is verified from exim's point of view. Cyrus
gives an 550 error back to exim at lmtp time. What to do now? How can I
redirect cyrus' 550 to exim at smtp time?

>2. Bounces cannot be bounced. Maybe try ignore_bounce_error_after = 0s.

I don't see any point in trying to bounce a bounce, why does exim try to
do this? Has ignore_bounce_error_after = 0s any other side effects
except of that exim's bounce attempts stop after an *permanent* error
(i.e. the recipient is <>)?

Thanks a lot!!
Wollie