Re: [exim] 1st post - total novice ! - Config advice - Use o…

Autor: Paul Shields
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] 1st post - total novice ! - Config advice - Use of rbls toblock dynamic IPs but not block customers
--On 07 May 2005 17:21 +0100 "Phil \\(Medway Hosting\\)"
<phil@???> wrote:

> [...]

Hmm... regardless of how you implement this, maybe you should step back and
ask yourself why you want to bypass RBL lookups for clients that could be
in these blacklists.

Do you really want your clients that are in these blacklists to relay mail
through you? IMHO it would be wiser to notify them via the DNSBL response
that they are blacklisted somewhere (assuming you're not using the most
radical of the DNSBL lists, which can sometimes arbitrarily blacklist whole
dialup/ISP ranges, but that's another story...).

Paul